Friday, October 15, 2010

Sweet and sour chicken

sweet & sour chicken

Because I cook every day: dinner, breakfast, lunch, snacks, I've got a back log of posts to put up. Seeing as it's raining on my first day of holidays, I thought I'd put them all up now. So if you're wondering why some of the posts are just photo's and don't have any writing, that's why. There's only so much a girl can say in one day that doesn't revolve around the weather. Although, I could talk about the weather, I just figured that you'd get bored, and rather look at photos instead. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, and we can have a lovely conversation about how it's meant to be spring but there's still snow on the mountain. And how I can't go outside and start my holiday list, because it's cold and raining.

Anyway, I really like sweet and sour chicken. And this one tastes just like the one we get at the little asian place down the road. It's super easy, too. It'll take you 20 mins starting from when you step in the door with the groceries to putting it in bowls to eat in front of the telly on a cold, rainy day.


Recipe:
Adapted from "Home Food"
Serves 2

1 chicken breast, cubed
1 egg
3 tbsp cornflour
1 red capsicum, cubed
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup  tomato sauce
1/2 cup white sugar

Mix the chicken with the egg and 2 tbsps of the cornflour.
Fry the onion in some olive oil in a big fry pan, or wok if you have one. Add the capsicum.
Add the vinegar, sugar and tomato sauce. Stir until sugar dissolves.
Bring to the boil.
Mix the remaining cornflour with 2 tbsp water. Add to the sauce mix. Stir until it thickens a bit.
Pour the sauce into a bowl.
Fry the chicken until brown, add the sauce.
Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment