Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Choc-chip muffins.

IMG_0970

I like chocolate. I like muffins. I like anything baked.
What's not to like about these?

They were exactly what I imagine a muffin should be - brown and crispy on top, full of chocolate chunks,  bulging out of their little paper cups - but mine never are. They looked perfect.

But there was one problem. They had a funny taste. I have no idea why! I think maybe - and this is gross - that the muffin tin was dirty or something... yuck. I might have to make these again (after I've washed the muffin tin) to see if that is actually what the problem was.

IMG_0972


Choc-chip muffins
From The Kitchn
Makes 9 muffins


110g butter (4oz), at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups plain flour
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk 
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (dark or milk)



Preheat oven to 190C and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.
Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
Beat in one cup of flour, then the milk, followed  by the last cup of flour and the remaining ingredients. 
Mix until just combined. 
Spoon the mix into the paper cases, filling them up almost to the top. 
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment