Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cold oranges & yoghurt.

IMG_1666

As much as I wish it was summer already, I am enjoying the late winter oranges. At the moment they're sweet and juicy and perfect for breakfast.
But before we go any further, I want you to know: This is not a recipe. It is merely a suggestion.

Oranges pair perfectly with thick, plain yoghurt. They make a complete breakfast sprinkled with a few oats, and enjoyed with a cup of tea in the sunshine.

This suggestion is a very loose interpretation of this recipe. I wish I was organised enough to actually make this recipe, but I'm not.
Plus, I'm lazy. That's a bad combination.

If you're a bit more organised, you could toast your oats until they're crisp, and drizzle with honey before sprinkling on the oranges. The combination of hot crisp oats, and cold sweet oranges is pretty good.

IMG_1664

Oranges with yoghurt:
Serves 1


1 orange, a few spoonfuls of plain or Greek yoghurt, oats.
Peel and segment the orange (I really enjoy this part). Place in a bowl and spoon over the yoghurt. Sprinkle with oats, and drizzle with maple syrup, if you're feeling fancy-free. Don't forget the cinnamon! Eat greedily in the sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. yumm, it's the little additions that make it special ie maple syrup, cinnamon and toasted oats! I've been eating strawberries, blueberries and passionfruit so good with yoghurt or sweetened whipped cream!(of course the former is not fattening)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's all about the finer details...

    ReplyDelete