Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I can't stop thinking.

When I'm waiting for the kettle to boil in the morning, when I'm walking home from work, when I'm doing the shopping, when I'm making coffee for customers, before I fall asleep... I can't stop thinking.

Sometimes I think about what I'm going to write in my assignment, or what to have for dinner, or what I should get my step mum for her birthday. But sometimes I think about what I'm going to write about here. I plan it out in my head, try to come up with something funny to say (which doesn't usually happen), and think of things other than uni to talk about.

But even if I've come up with a great story to write about, I haven't cooked anything to go with it. This is where the problems start. Because I can't stop thinking, the stories that I come up with get pushed out of my brain by new, more exciting stories to write about. And then these ones get pushed out of the line by some other, even more interesting story to tell.

And then, all of a sudden, I've forgotten all my stories. I end up with nothing to say. This usually happens just as I've cooked something nice. Something so nice and new and delicious that I've got to share it. But the worst thing is, that I really want to write something. Anything.

For the last week, I've been thinking about what I could write about. But then all the stories got pushed out of my brain by the end of semester, because I had to fill it up with boring references about lesson plans.

But the good thing is, I haven't even cooked anything that I haven't cooked before, so I've got no food ideas to share with you. What I do have, though, is some pictures of Brent and I at the snow on the weekend, and a really nice song by a band called The Chemist.

 I hope we can still be friends.

image
image
image

No comments:

Post a Comment