Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Peanut-butter choc-chip cream-cheese cookies.

peanut butter choc chip cookies

I'm going through a cookie phase.

I've mentioned before that I go through phases of liking things. Lucky for everyone around me, it's a phase they can all appreciate.

peanut butter choc chip cookies

And besides, if you give freshly baked cookies to your friends, they like you more.

Or so I've heard.

peanut butter choc chip cookies

peanut butter choc chip cookies

Especially when the cookies are full of dark chocolate and peanut butter. I don't think I need to tell you how good this combination is. I'm sure you know it already. But if you don't, you should make some of these.
I think they'll even turn the least-peanut-butter-liking person into a peanut-butter-liking person. Truth.

peanut butter choc chip cookies

peanut butter choc chip cookies

I changed the original recipe a bit. I know, I'm a rebel.
I swapped butter for cream cheese because I wanted to use some left over cream cheese that I had. I wasn't sure how it would work, but it worked great. You could taste the cream cheese before the cookies were cooked, but after, I couldn't really taste it.
I used half a block of dark chocolate, chopped up so that some bits were really big and chunky and some bits were really small. They were also great.
I've also changed all the measurements into weights, rather than cups. Because it makes less washing up for me, and lets face it, that's a good thing.

peanut butter choc chip cookies

Peanut-Butter Choc-Chip Cream-Cheese Cookies.
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Makes about 28 cookies


110g (4oz) cream cheese
1 cup peanut butter (8oz)
250g (8oz) sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
150g (5oz) plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped (about half a block)

Preheat oven to 175C. Line two baking trays.
Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl. Beat until smooth.
Mix in sugar.
Add egg and mix well.
Beat in milk and vanilla, followed by dry ingredients.
Fold in the chopped chocolate.
Roll tbsp sized balls of batter and place on lined trays. (Optional: You can roll these balls in sugar before baking them. I found this unnecessary).
Flatten the balls down slightly and bake for 10-12 mins. They'll be quite soft still when they come out of the oven, but you don't want to overcook them.

No comments:

Post a Comment