Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Feeling patriotic? make some Anzac biscuits

When I make anzac biscuits, I feel like I should have my hair curled and be wearing an A-line dress, so that I can send the biscuits off to my husband/son in the war.
Hopefully no-one I know will have to go off to war, so I won't have to send anything off to them.
But it's fun to play pretend.

I'm not sure where this recipe came from, it was just in my recipe book. The amounts of sugar and syrup were a bit off- maybe I wrote the recipe down wrong?- but I tweaked them a little bit and now they're pretty perfect.
They're crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, and not too sweet (you could add more sugar if you like them a bit sweeter). The ones you can buy in cafe's are usually a lot flatter than these, but I like my biscuits chunky. yeah!

Recipe:
makes about 20
oven- 150
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup oats
3 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarb
6 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter

mix dry ingredients
heat golden syrup and water, then add bicarb and melted butter.
pour into dry ingredients and mix.
roll into tbsp sized balls and bake on a lined tray for 20-25 mins until golden.

2 comments:

  1. I can just see you dancing around the kitchen in your apron and pearls lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks mum. i totally do, too.

    ReplyDelete