Monday, August 23, 2010

winner, winner, (honey soy) chicken dinner.

I find myself thinking about recipes all the time (especially when I'm meant to be doing my assignments). I love reading cooking magazines and looking at food blogs. It just makes me all excited and I get all inspired and want to cook something straight away. It's just what I'm in to, I guess. I love cooking for people that I care about. To cook them something that they will really enjoy. If I had a much bigger house that had room for a dining table, I'd have people over to dinner all the time. Unfortunately, our house is just too tiny. So I have to make do with cooking for just me and Brent. Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure Brent would hate having to do the washing up after dinner parties for lots of people...


Now, this isn't really the sort of thing I'd cook for a dinner party. But chicken really does it for me. I could eat it everyday and not get bored. For a while I just liked eating it roasted with gravy, with some steamed veggies on the side. But here I am, trying new recipes. Watch out! Who knows what might happen.

This is a super easy recipe. It's really quick too. Just mix everything together and marinate the chicken. We had this with a simple salad, but it'd be good with rice or potatoes or something like that.

Recipe:
Oven- 180

1 tsp seasame oil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, diced
2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp honey
4 chicken drumsticks, skin on

Mix everything except chicken.
Add chicken and marinate for as long as you can (overnight would be best).
Bake for 45-50 mins until crispy and dark golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment