Monday, August 16, 2010

Chocolate loaf.

When I walked to work the other day, I passed this woman who smelt like chocolate. Melted chocolate. Chocolate walking around in lady form. She smelt so strongly of chocolate, that I couldn't stop thinking about chocolate cake all day.

8 hours later, after having dinner, I made a chocolate cake. Finally. I'd never made this particular cake before, but it was perfect. Dense and chocolatey. I actually think it was better cold, rather than when it was straight out of the oven.

This isn't a particularly fancy cake. Just a good, chocolate cake.

Chocolate Cake:
Taken from Smitten Kitchen

Oven 170
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups plain flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt

Grease a loaf pan.
Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and beat.
Add milk and vanilla.
Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
Stir with a spoon until well mixed.
Pour the batter into pan.
Bake for 50-60 mins until cake tester comes out clean.

(Remember this song? Definitely a good one to bake a chocolate cake too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment